I. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Prices are based on the local currency (USD) and may change without prior notice. Taxes are not included, nor the compulsory insurance of each vehicle.
- The established rental rates are calculated by periods of 24 hours, however, the client is responsible for specifying the schedule of the reservation. We do not offer credit for unused time, nor are we responsible for the number of hours selected by the client in the reservation system.
- To complete the reservation, payment in full is required. In addition, you must present a valid driver’s license and the credit card used as the payment method in order to pick up the vehicle.
- Golf car insurance costs $15 per vehicle, per 24 hours. The following deductibles apply:
- $25 – Damages valued between $50 to $249
- $200 – Damages valued between $250 to $999
- $500 – Damages valued in $1,000 or above, including cases of theft.
- Jeep & Bronco vehicles insurance costs $20 per unit, per 24 hours. In case of damages or an accident, a $500 deductible will apply.
- Security deposits: Cash is not accepted for the required reimbursable holds, only credit cards with Visa or Mastercard logos. The amount will vary depending on the rental vehicle:
- Golf cars – $100 per unit
- Jeep & Bronco vehicles – $500 per unit
- Public Liability Insurance: In case of an accident due to negligence, the client must pay a $500 deductible to cover damage to third party property or bodily injury to third parties, inside and outside UTV Rental facilities. This insurance does not cover medical expenses of the client and/or the companions.
- We do not accept third-party insurances to cover damages and/or accidents.
- Charges under $50 are not covered by our insurance (gas, keys, security cables, among others).
- Smoking is not allowed in rental cars. If a representative detects smoke odor, ashes or butts, cigarette burns, stains or any other indication of smoking, a $250 penalty fee will apply.
- The customer must use the provided golf car security cable while their vehicle is not in use. The units that are detected without this cable in any part of the island, may be removed by UTV Rental staff and a $100 penalty will apply.
- Insurance does not cover fines and/or penalties.
- UTV Rental will cover towing services in case of a mechanical failure. Otherwise, the client will be liable for paying a $100 service fee.
- We offer complimentary transportation to the main driver from/to the airport and/or pier to/from our facilities from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. However, the client must provide all the details about their arrival and departure through our reservation system or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, as applicable.
- Our complimentary pick-up schedule is in local time (Puerto Rico). We are not responsible for confusions or schedule changes in third-party transportation services.
- Due to security measures, customers will not be able to sit in the front seat of our vehicles while they are being transported, and everyone must wear a mask at all times. No exceptions.
- Rentals are allowed to drivers over 21 years old. Age must be confirmed with a valid driver’s license.
- A person over the age of 21 with a valid driver’s license must be present in each vehicle. Units will not be dispatched to unlicensed drivers.
- Before dispatch, a full inspection will be performed by one of our representatives and the renter to verify physical condition, cleanliness, gasoline levels and general functioning of the vehicle. Claims made after signing the report and leaving the premises will not be considered.
- In case a vehicle is returned extremely dirty, a $25 cleaning fee will be charged (calculated per vehicle).
- Gasoline must be at the same level as it was dispatched, otherwise, $10 will be billed for every ¼ of missing gas in golf cars, and $15 per ¼ of missing gas in Jeep & Bronco vehicles.
- The renter is liable for paying parking fees, traffic tickets or other citations received while in possession of the rented vehicle. The client accepts that any ticket received after their visit, that corresponds to their reservation, will be charged to the credit card on file.
- A $20 replacement fee will apply for lost or stolen Club Car keys, and $30 for each security cable.
- The vehicle must be returned to our facilities by 4:30 p.m. Leaving the unit in the outskirts or any other part of the island, implies an additional charge of $100 per vehicle. We recommend returning the vehicle one (1) hour before your flight or ferry trip. We are not responsible for missed flights and/or trips.
- Extended Rentals: The client must request an extension of their reservation before the scheduled return time, and the approval must be confirmed via email by our staff. Extensions are subject to availability.
- Additional Hours: Reservations can be extended up to a maximum of three (3) hours after the scheduled return time, and the approval must be confirmed via email by our staff. A fee of $8 per additional hour applies. Subject to vehicle availability.
- Late Returns: A $40 penalty applies for every 15 minutes that passes after the scheduled return time.
- Cancellations: Reservations may be canceled at any time, however the following terms will apply:
- Cancellation 7 days in advance – 100% refund
- Cancellation 3 to 6 days in advance – 50% refund
- Cancellation less than 48 hours in advance – 25% refund
- No Show: In case the client does not show up to pick up the vehicle nor contact the corresponding office before the scheduled time, the reservation will be canceled and the total paid amount will be retained.
- Late Arrivals: We do not offer credit for unused hours. We strongly recommend that clients select a schedule that fits their arrival and departure time.
- Force Majeure: In case of extraordinary events that are beyond our control, and that prevents us from providing our rental services, the client may request a 75% refund or receive a credit valid at all UTV Rental locations.
- Beach Combo Insurance (Vieques): Insurance covers damage to beach items throughout the reservation. In case of loss or theft, the customer will cover the following replacement costs (as applicable):
- $40 – Beach umbrella
- $50 – Beach chair
II. RESPONSIBILITY WAIVER
- I accept that the use of the rental vehicle will be at my own risk.
- Drivers must have a valid driver’s license and comply with all applicable laws related to motor vehicles operation.
- The use of the safety belt is compulsory for all passengers.
- The minimum height to use golf cars is 4′ 9″ (145 cm). For safety, passengers should keep their feet firmly on the floor while the vehicle is in motion. Car seats or booster seats are not allowed on golf cars.
- If you hear any noise or feel an unusual movement in the vehicle, you must notify us by phone at +1 787-525-5456 (Culebra) or +1 787-900-2535 (Vieques) from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If it’s out of business hours, an email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com– we recommend attaching an audiovisual.
- In case of an accident, a complaint must be filed immediately with the local authorities by calling +1 787-742-3501 (Culebra) or +1 787-741-2020 (Vieques). We must be notified by phone or email according to the time of the incident.
- The renter agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless UTV Rental Puerto Rico and its affiliates from any loss, damage or legal action as a result of the operation of the vehicle by the renter and/or additional drivers.
- We are not responsible for items left in the vehicle or in our facilities.
III. SCOPE OF USE
- The rented vehicle may be for personal or commercial use. Subletting to individuals or other businesses is forbidden, without exceptions.
- Under no circumstance may you transit through the sand or unsuitable roads for vehicles, otherwise, a $100 penalty will apply without distinction of person.
- Culebra Island visitors: Considering that the vehicles are not 4×4, they cannot be driven in areas such as Zoni beach, Resaca beach, Punta Soldado beach, Dátiles beach, La Romana, Loma, and Villas Aleli. Failure to comply with this clause will incur a charge of $100.
IV. CUSTOMER SERVICE
We are open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (local time). Our staff will not be able to provide immediate assistance outside office hours.
Vieques Island: +1 787-900-2535 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Culebra Island: +1 787-525-5456 | email@example.com
I understand and accept UTV Rental Puerto Rico Booking Policy as the main condition to receive their services.