I. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Prices are based on the local currency (USD), converted to the exchange rate as determined by UTV Rental Puerto Rico.
- Rates are per vehicle, unless specified otherwise. Taxes and insurance are not included.
- Rental rates can change without prior notice, and are not final until the reservation has been paid in full.
- We offer complimentary transportation to the main driver from/to the airport and/or pier to/from our facilities from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Transportation requests must be made through the reservation system or by email. The arrival time will be confirmed by UTV Rental by phone and email; We are not responsible for schedule changes in third-party transportation services.
- Due to security measures, customers will not be able to sit in the front seat of our vehicles while they are being transported, and everyone must wear a mask at all times. No exceptions.
- All rentals require a reimbursable $500 security deposit. Cash is not accepted, only credit cards with Visa or Mastercard logos.
- Rentals are allowed to drivers over 21 years old. Age must be confirmed with a valid Driver’s License.
- Reservations require payment in full. The card used through the website must be presented when picking up the vehicle.
- For each vehicle, a person over the age of 21 with a valid driver’s license is required. Units will not be dispatched to unlicensed drivers.
- Before dispatch, a full inspection will be performed by one of our representatives and the renter to verify physical condition, cleanliness, gasoline levels and general functioning of the vehicle.
- In case a vehicle is returned extremely dirty, a $25 cleaning fee will be charged (calculated per vehicle).
- Gasoline must be at the same level as it was dispatched, otherwise, $10 will be billed for every ¼ of missing gas.
- Collision insurance costs $15 daily per vehicle, with a deductible of $500. That is, any repair and/or replacement of less than $500 must be paid by the customer.
- In case of an accident or damages, the deposit and/or insurance will be used to defray the costs of repairs and/or necessary replacements.
- Voluntarily opting out of the insurance will make the client financially responsible for any event related to the rental, including acts of vandalism, theft, loss of parts, accessories and equipment. In addition, it will be responsible for damages to third parties and/or property, caused by negligence and/or in violation of the clauses of this contract.
- The renter is liable for paying parking fees, traffic tickets or other citations received while in possession of the rented vehicle. The client accepts that any ticket received after their visit, that corresponds to their reservation, will be charged to the credit card on file.
- A $20 replacement fee will apply for lost or stolen Club Car keys, and $30 for each security cable.
- The vehicle must be returned to our facilities by 4:30 p.m. Leaving the unit in the outskirts or any other part of the island, implies an additional charge of $100 per vehicle. We recommend returning the vehicle one (1) hour before your flight or ferry trip. We are not responsible for missed flights and/or trips.
- Extended rentals: The client must call before 4:30 p.m. to request an extension. If a vehicle is retained without prior authorization, a $100 charge will be applied, plus the corresponding day’s full rate. Subject to availability.
- Additional hours: Reservations of two (2) days or more may be extended to a maximum of three (3) hours after the scheduled return time. The request must be made 24 hours in advance. An $8 hourly rate applies. Subject to availability.
- Bookings can be canceled at any time, however, 20% of the total reservation will be retained. The amount may be used as a credit in future reservations.
- No refunds will be made for weather conditions or situations beyond our control.
II. RESPONSIBILITY WAIVER
- I accept that the use of the rental vehicle will be at my own risk.
- Drivers must have a valid driver’s license and comply with all applicable laws related to motor vehicles operation.
- The use of the safety belt is compulsory for all passengers.
- The minimum height to use golf cars is 4′ 9″ (145 cm). For safety, passengers should keep their feet firmly on the floor while the vehicle is in motion. Car seats or booster seats are not allowed on golf cars. This clause does not apply to Jeep vehicles.
- If you hear any noise or feel an unusual movement in the vehicle, you must notify us by phone at +1 787-525-5456 (Culebra) or +1 787-900-2535 (Vieques) from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Out of business hours, an email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com; we recommend attaching an audiovisual.
- In case of an accident, a complaint must be filed immediately with the local authorities by calling +1 787-742-3501 (Culebra) or +1 787-741-2020 (Vieques). We must be notified by phone or email according to the time of the incident.
- You understand and accept that our staff will not be able to provide immediate assistance outside office hours.
- If towing is needed, you accept to cover expenses, except if it is a mechanical failure.
- The renter agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless UTV Rental Puerto Rico and its affiliates from any loss, damage or legal action as a result of the operation of the vehicle by the renter and/or additional drivers.
- We are not responsible for items left in the vehicle or in our facilities.
III. SCOPE OF USE
- The rented vehicle may be for personal or commercial use. Subletting to individuals or other businesses is forbidden, without exceptions.
- Considering that rental vehicles are not 4X4, they must be exclusively operated on properly maintained roads and parking lots.
- Culebra Visitors: Under no circumstance, the vehicles should be used in sand or steep roads, such as areas near Zoni beach, Resaca beach, Punta Soldado beach, Dátiles beach, La Romana, Loma and Aleli Cottages, otherwise a $100 charge will apply without distinction.
I understand and accept UTV Rental Puerto Rico Booking Policy as the main condition to receive the services.